Everyone loves beating the heat, but not everyone has a pool at their disposal. Although we can go to a pool often, I know my boys would love to have some refreshing water activities to enjoy the summer months and so I went looking… on Pinterest, because where else would you find such good ideas?
I wanted some new ideas, ones that my children may not have enjoyed yet and I found some!
Here are 10 Water Activities – No Pool Required
- Sponge Water Bombs – These are as fun as they sound and I can't wait to bombard my husband when he returns home from a long hot day, because we roll that way in our home.
- Water Balloon Pinatas – This idea takes water bowls (one of my families favorite summer fun) to a whole new level of fun.
- Hand Eye Coordination Play – My son absolutely loved this summer fun – all year long! And he still does!
- Marble Run Water Slide – What a ‘cool' idea to get the kids playing outside, splashing in the water and having fun together.
- Roll Six and SPLASH! – What a fun game that can be played and enjoyed by the youngest and oldest members of your family.
- Bobbing for Nemo – This twist for bobbing for apples would be a big hit in our home.
- DIY Water Slide – One of my children's favorite thing to do is summer is to attach a hose to our play set and create their own water slide. They will go up and down that slide for as long as we allow them to run the water.
- Water Balloon Slingshot – We picked up one of these at the summer clearance sale and we were smart enough to buy two of them. Instead of ‘dodge ball' we are going to play ‘dodge balloon' and I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!
- Water Table – This was a great invention for little ones! They just love to pour and dump.
- DIY Slip N' Slide – Purchase a good size tarp, add a small amount of dish soap and then the water. This will prove to be a great cooling off activity the whole family would enjoy! Of course, you will need to see who slides the furthest, so consider water prove shoes as markers. If you have a lot of space, you may want to purchase the world's longest backyard slip n' slide!
You may also like How to Make Summer Learning Feel Like a Vacation…