Mothers are what makes our world. I’m not just talking about adding to the population, but I’m referring to the condition of our society and culture. Children adore their parents from birth and both are influential in their part of the family. William Wallace has it correct when he wrote “The Hand That Rocks the Cradle Is the Hand That Rules the World“.
As a mother of four children, I’m quite aware of the influence I have in their lives, their character and their choices for their future. Knowing the importance of my role in their lives, doesn’t make the task any easier but rather harder. It isn’t easy and at times can be so exhausting and overwhelming that I have many memories of going to bed crying about my failures and my children’s failures.
It is crucial to be prepared for such a role and finding the tools and resources to do it well.
7 Ways to a Rewarding Motherhood
In this post, I want to give you these tools that are so important and help you on your own journey to ruling the world through the influence of your motherhood. Let’s be an encouragement to one another, let’s empower and enhance the mothers around and more importantly let’s embrace the God given role we have in our world!
- Find Encouragement to Be the Best Mother YOU Can Be – Staying encouraged for the daily routines that often come with challenges. This has been the most important aspect of my motherhood journey that should be the easiest but because other moms aren’t sharing their struggles and how they overcame them, it has been harder than it should! One of the things that has helped me most is being able to find peace in the chaos of my life as a stay-at-home mother. Providing you with an Ultimate Guide to Encouragement is one way that I hope to change this cycle of mothering alone and bring back the mentoring that rewards young and old mothers in our journeys.
- Find Tips that Have Helped Other Moms Do Things Better – There is nothing that I love more than finding ways to do things better, faster, cheaper or even how to teach my children to help do them. Let’s admit it, together… Moms are geniuses! We are inventors for getting it all done or faking it along the way, until we conquer it ourselves. This Ultimate Tip Guide for Moms is just that… those genius ideas in one place, so we can show our husbands and children that within our tribe of mothers, we can rule the world. Okay, maybe not the world, but for sure Mount Washmore!
- Be Frugal in Your Spending – Keeping our children feed and dressed isn’t easy or cheap. Finding frugal ideas to do this can be rather rewarding in itself. I wrote an ebook with my printable notebook that has helped me save hundreds yearly not only clothe my family, but also find great things for home decor and more! As an way to say, ‘YOU CAN DO THIS!’, I’m offering readers of this post, a 50% that ebook, when you use the check out code: SMARTMOM. There is NO expiration to this sale, because we moms need to stick together! If you are looking for more frugal tips, check out the post How to Make Cents Out of Your Finances!
- Choose Joy in Your Situation – I shared a little about my personal journey in how I lost my joy and the steps I’m taking to keep it in my homemaking journey in my post How to Be a Joyful Homemaker. I hope it will encourage you to be diligent in finding ways to be joyful in what you do daily. If you need more encourage, join my Teachers of Good Things Community, so I can support you online and maybe bring a little joy to your life when I share my real life blunders as a way to laugh at what makes me… me!
- Use Your Faith in Your Parenting – In the post, How to Raise Christina Children as a Fallible Parent, I open up some of the things that parents believe because of their own issues with sins, when they were younger and even struggle with as an adult. I can’t stress the importance of walking your faith in your parenting. Just because we struggle, we shouldn’t think it is okay to allow our children to struggle, too. Learn how to put on your armor daily, as a mom and raise your children in your faith and give them the tools to conquer their own sins, even while you are working on your own. You may find my ebook, Discipleship: A Character Curriculum Using Scripture a great tool to do that for your children.
- Speak Positively to Your Children – How do you feel when someone you love or is over you, speaks negatively to you? It hurts and leaves you with scars some times, doesn’t it? Well, our children are no different! We need to speak positively to our children, even in their worst moments, so they understand that your issues are with the actions, not them. Words are powerful and can speak life or death in any situation. Use your parenting words wisely and build a confident child that knows you are on their side and when they are in their teens and young adult life, they will know they can trust you with the most important details of their life and reward you with the position of being a coach to their choices. I shared 7 things that they need to hear you say and I know that these will be just want you will need to be great at this one!
- Use Your Gifts to Help Others – If you are living your life for those within your four walls, you are missing a joy that can be the fuel to your hardest days. I wrote a post about How to Find Your Identify Beside Wife and Mother because at one point, I struggled to remember that although I was living the life that I was called to live, there was more that I was gifted with and wasn’t using right. Over the years, I tried to put my gifts into practice with different things, but it wasn’t until I started blogging that I realized that everything before this choice was preparation for the gifts that were being manifested in my life. I shared how I’m able to be a blogger and homeschool, knowing that some moms may need to have some ideas of how to fit more into their own lives without robbing their joy in the process.
I pray this post gives you, a mother, the focus to determination to find rewards in your motherhood!
Do you feel like you’re overwhelmed by parenting? If so, you can download my free Overwhelmed to Overcoming 5 Parenting Tweaks to Overcome Your Parenting Struggles. Not only will this identify five areas that cause parents to become overwhelmed, it provides solutions to overcoming these areas as well. Just click here to get Overwhelmed to Overcoming 5 Parenting Tweaks to Overcome Your Parenting Struggles for FREE in your inbox.