As a stay-at-home mom, special holidays, like Christmas, can prove to be difficult when buying gifts for your husband. Year after year, I always had TONS of ideas and no resources to purchasing those wonderful thoughts for the man I love so much. It just never seemed right to use the money from ‘his job' to get it.
I'm thinking that this is what many stay-at-home moms go through, especially if they have made their own money in the past. Attempting to help other woman who may be able to relate to my years of ‘wanting to do more‘ for the man who works hard for me to stay home with our children and homeschool them.
When I contemplated what I could do, I thought about him and what seemed to make him truly happy. Realizing, he always seemed happy when I was truly interested in what he was doing and how he was feeling.
Here are 7 Gifts of Love for Your Husband that is free or minimal in cost:
- Massage oil and homemade tickets for '10 minute', '20 minute' and '30 minute' massages. THIS WAS A BIG HIT!
Get the coupons to print!
- Free coupons for ‘sports parties' – be careful with these… you may become HOOKED on the sport (I did) – the coupons included terms ‘you choose what I make‘, ‘who is present – including me and the kids‘ and ‘what team/person I was going to WHOLEHEARTED want to win‘. Get the coupons here!
- Deck of cards – he got to choose the game we played and ‘the additional rules‘ for the loser… Or you could come up with your own ‘creative‘ ones that would add a little ‘spice‘ to the evening.
- Clue Gift – this is really fun, but takes a lot of thought (something my mom has always done to us) – you write a clue on a small piece of paper, which leads to another clue and yet, another clue, until you desire the ended gift to be found.
Try this Clue Game to show your appreciation to your man!
- A box of his own ‘special Christmas desserts‘ – a big hit because he didn't have to share!
- A large picture frame with a college of photos of yourself – My daughter took of me and I had printed on sale.
- My husband has a LOVE for a hot breakfast – I always start a special day with his FAVORITE breakfast foods.
Thinking out of the box is a really great way to show your husband that he matters to you and that although money buys things, it can't buy love and LOVE is YOUR GIFT!